Choppy/Buffering video stream

• Inactive
        Anonymous on #3119

New iPhone 6s Plus user here (2days) and everything is going great so far, but… Streaming video while on network (t-mobile) is very choppy, pausing ever few seconds.  Speed test on network shows 30mbps download and 9mbps upload, my wife’s s6 edge has no issue streaming the same video from same website.  I traded in my galaxy s6 edge plus for the 6s looking for more dependability, but that had no issue streaming content either. I have cleared out the cache in Safari, tried chrome, tried YouTube app, tried opera mini and dolphin. I have restarted, rebooted and hard shut down the device. With a case on or off the phone same results.  T-Mobile may not be the best network coverage wise, but where I’m at it’s solid at 4-5 bars 30mbps. Any help would be appreciated thank you. Ps. I’ve updated to the latest firmware as well

• Inactive
        Anonymous on #3120

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have also enabled and disabled the LTE wifi help feature to no avail</p>

• Keymaster
        David Payette on #3199

Hey Steven,

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem streaming video on your iPhone. A few questions:

• Have you tried streaming video while connected to Wi-Fi? Do you have the same problem? I’m guessing the answer is yes.
        • What website are you streaming video from? It would be helpful if I could try it on my iPhone. But I’m going to assume it will work fine on my iPhone.
        • Can you stream video from other websites and in other apps?

I think that your iPhone’s CPU is revved up to 100% because of a software problem or crashing app, so when you try to stream the video, the processor can’t keep up. Make sure you know how to close out your apps (#4 of my article about how to save iPhone battery life), and if that doesn’t work, read my article about why iPhones get hot. iPhones can get hot when the CPU is revved up, too. What you’re experiencing could be the result of the same problem and have the same solution.

The other possible cause (and it’s very unlikely that this is it) is a hardware problem with the graphics processor or logic board inside your iPhone. If you follow the troubleshooting steps in the articles I recommended and you’re still having a problem, it might be a good idea to visit an Apple Store and have a technician take a look at your iPhone.

Thanks for writing and all the best,
        David

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘iPhone, iPad, and iPod Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.