You’re trying to configure Google Chrome push notifications with PushWoosh and you’re getting this error:
“API key is invalid. Try to change Browser Key with a Server Key and vice versa in Pushwoosh Android app configuration.”
I was struggling with this one for a while and I hope this quick guide will help anyone who’s getting stuck with this step. And just for the record, you don’t need to configure Android app push notifications for Chrome push notifications to work with PushWoosh.
How To Set Up PushWoosh For Google Chrome Notifications
- Go to Google Cloud Platform and create a new project
- Enable Google Cloud Messaging API and generate API Key with no restrictions
- Go to Firebase and create app with Cloud Messaging (instructions)
- Link Firebase to original Cloud Platform Project
- Go to Cloud Platform -> Cloud Messaging API -> Authorization to see automatically created keys
- Put Server Key in Chrome config section of PushWoosh
The ‘Server Key’ that was auto-created under the Google Cloud Platform -> Google Cloud Messaging API worked for me.
Thanks for reading, and I hope this helped you to fix the problem you were having setting up PushWoosh with Google Chrome!